Almost Heaven Kayak Adventures
Call David Wells (941) 504-6296
- Guided Kayak tours for every taste and ability – beginner to advanced. All tours include kayaking equipment, safety gear, lessons and transportation.
Backyard Bike Shop
5610 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key (941) 383-5184
- Bike and Kayak rentals with free delivery and pickup.
6040 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key (941) 383-1311
- Boat rentals and sales. Cannon Marina offers the newest and largest fleet of rental boats on Sarasota Bay for fishing, skiing and cruising fun. Tackle and water skis also available for rent.
Cortez Watercraft Rentals
4328 127th Street West, Cortez (941) 792-5263
- Enjoy the Bradenton area waterways. Rentals available from WaveRunners, jet skis, pontoon and fishing boats and parasailing.
811 S. Palm Avenue, Sarasota 941-366-5731
- A spectacular orchid center with tropical display house, garden, ground and boardwalk by the bay. More than 20,000 exotic tropical plants.
Mote Marine Aquarium
1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, City Island (941) 388-2451
- Explore the wonders of the sea at the 135,000 gallon shark exhibit, touch pools with Rays and sea creatures. See a preserved giant squid and visit with manatees, sea turtles and more.
Myakka River State Park
13207 S.R 72, Sarasota (941) 361-6511
- Florida’s largest state park. See alligators, some of the 200 species of birds, deer, feral pigs and bobcats. Nature trails, observation decks and airboat tours.
Sarasota Jungle Gardens
3701 Bay Shore Road, Sarasota (941) 355-5305
- A “Natural Environment” attraction with bird and reptile shows daily. Beautiful gardens with cool jungle trails that wind through lush tropical vegetation, thousands of palms, tropical flowers, exotic birds and animal exhibits.
SAVE OUR SEABIRDS, INC.
1708 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, Fl. (941) 388-3010
- Florida’s largest wildlife rescue and rehabilitation, the sanctuary rescues more than 4,000 birds, mammals and reptiles each year. Visit the sanctuary or explore Sarasota’s natural beauty aboard the 40 foot pontoon Peli Boat.
Sea Trek Divers
105 7th Street North, Bradenton Beach (941) 779-1506
- Scuba Diving instruction and equipment rentals. One and two tank charters also available. Across the street from the Wreck of the Regina (aka the Sugar Barge).
21805 S.R. 70 East, Bradenton 941-322-2130 ~ Toll-Free: 855-322-2130
- Come out for a day of outdoor play in the trees at Southwest Florida’s only elevated adventure course. Bring the family, get together with friends or grab a group from the office for an adrenaline-pumping activity that has something fun for everyone. Book your reservation, come prepared, then swing into action on wobbly bridges, hanging nets, bungee swings, swinging logs, foot bridges, Tarzan ropes, ZIP lines, and more.
Livingston’s Amusement Center
5947 Clarke Center Avenue, Sarasota (941) 925-7665
- Sarasota’s unique entertainment experience for kids and grown-ups alike. Livingston’s is your one-stop shop for hours of fun, food, & entertainment. Featuring Billiards, Go Kart Racing, Phazer Zone, Rock Climbing, Arcade & Prize Center, Food & Bar, and Events & Parties. If you’re looking for a fun full night for the whole family or just for the kids… This is the place for you.
- Set amidst a tropical paradise, St. Armands is an enchanting circle boasting more than 130 fine shops and gourmet restaurants. Relax in the restaurants, explore the shops – from trinkets to treasures, gourmet snacks to candlelight feasts, you’ll find it all on St. Armands Circle.
5401 Bay Shore Road, Sarasota (941) 359-5700
- Home to three spectacular attractions. The Museum of Art features European, American and non-Western art, with masterpieces from the 17th century Baroque period. Cà d’Zan is the Ringlings’ 32 room Venetian-Gothic mansion on Sarasota Bay. The Circus Museum displays memorabilia and artifacts from the eventful history of the Ringling Brothers Circus.
5555 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota 941.359.0099 / 941.359.0099 X 101 (Box Office)
- The Sarasota Ballet is the Gulf Coast of Florida’s only professional ballet company.
- The SFMV is a non-profit organization committed to continuing the 30-year tradition of enhancing and improving the quality of life in Sarasota. It’s a social opportunity for residents and visitors to gather and interact, to bring foot traffic to Downtown Sarasota sustaining the economic viability of the entire downtown area, and to provide a venue for other not for profit organizations benefiting Sarasota. The Sarasota Farmer’s Market offers live music & diverse vendors ranging from locally grown fresh produce to holistic products to fresh caught seafood.
G.WIZ – Gulfcoast Wonder & Imagination Zone
1001 Blvd. Of the Arts, Sarasota (941) 309-4949
- State-of-the-art science and technology museum featuring an array of interactive, hands-on exhibits designed for all ages.
Sarasota Classic Car Museum
5500 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota 941-355-6228
- See more than 100 classic cars spanning more than 100 years. Featured are extremely rare vintage autos, limited production classics, racy muscle cars and breathtaking exotics.
** Please help yourself to the free literature and flyers available in our resort office for additional information about these and many other places of interest in & around the Sarasota/Bradenton area.