Places Of Interest & Things To Do
The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
5401 Bay Shore Road, Sarasota 941-359-5700
- Home to three spectacular attractions. The Museum of Art features European, American and non-Western art, with masterpieces from the 17th century Baroque period. Cà d’Zan is the Ringlings’ 32 room Venetian-Gothic mansion on Sarasota Bay. The Circus Museum displays memorabilia and artifacts from the eventful history of the Ringling Brothers Circus.
Marie Selby Bontanical Gardens
811 S. Palm Avenue, Sarasota 941-366-5731
- A spectacular orchid center with tropical display house, garden, ground and boardwalk by the bay. More than 20,000 exotic tropical plants.
Mote Marine Aquarium
1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, City Island 941-388-2451
- Explore the wonders of the sea at the 135,000 gallon shark exhibit, touch pools with Rays and sea creatures. See a preserved giant squid and visit with manatees, sea turtles and more.
SAVE OUR SEABIRDS, INC.
1708 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, Fl. 941-388-3010
- Florida’s largest wildlife rescue and rehabilitation, the sanctuary rescues more than 4,000 birds, mammals and reptiles each year. Visit the sanctuary or explore Sarasota’s natural beauty aboard the 40 foot pontoon Peli Boat.
G.WIZ – Gulfcoast Wonder & Imagination Zone
1001 Blvd. Of the Arts, Sarasota 941-309-4949
- State-of-the-art science and technology museum featuring an array of interactive, hands-on exhibits designed for all ages.
Myakka River State Park
13207 S.R 72, Sarasota 941-361-6511
- Florida’s largest state park. See alligators, some of the 200 species of birds, deer, feral pigs and bobcats. Nature trails, observation decks and airboat tours.
Sarasota Classic Car Museum
5500 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota 941-355-6228
- See more than 100 classic cars spanning more than 100 years. Featured are extremely rare vintage autos, limited production classics, racy muscle cars and breathtaking exotics.
Cortez Watercraft Rentals
4328 127th Street West, Cortez 941-792-5263
- Enjoy the Bradenton area waterways. Rentals available from WaveRunners, jet skis, pontoon and fishing boats and parasailing.
Sarasota Jungle Gardens
3701 Bay Shore Road, Sarasota 941-355-5305
- A “Natural Environment” attraction with bird and reptile shows daily. Beautiful gardens with cool jungle trails that wind through lush tropical vegetation, thousands of palms, tropical flowers, exotic birds and animal exhibits.
Backyard Bike Shop
5610 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key 383-5184
- Bike and Kayak rentals with free delivery and pickup.
Almost Heaven Kayak Adventures
Call David Wells 941-504-6296
- Guided Kayak tours for every taste and ability – beginner to advanced. All tours include kayaking equipment, safety gear, lessons and transportation.
6040 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key 941-383-1311
- Boat rentals and sales. Cannon Marina offers the newest and largest fleet of rental boats on Sarasota Bay for fishing, skiing and cruising fun. Tackle and water skis also available for rent.
Sea Trek Divers
105 7th Street North, Bradenton Beach 941-779-1506
- Scuba Diving instruction and equipment rentals. One and two tank charters also available. Across the street from the Wreck of the Regina (aka the Sugar Barge).
Please help yourself to the free literature and flyers available in our resort office for additional information about these and many other places of interest in the Sarasota/Bradenton area.